 Trains / 2048
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:27:25 GMT

Hi Larry,

Its always good to get ones intentions out in the open. My concern is that
someone has encouraged Christian in Denmark to deal with people in the 500
club to the exclusion of all others, tell me I'm wrong.

Why can't interested people put there orders in to Christian directly for the
parts they personally want?

Your not doing anyone a favour by putting a $500 minimum on a purchase.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

The RISK is that we may be so successful at buying parts that the bottom
drops out of the train windows market

Well don't buy more than you need.

and we cannot even get (at auction)
what we paid.

The price to the consortium is a fixed 30% over the actual cost, to everyone

else it's what the auctions net. As I said if you take out 650 worth of
parts for your 500 buy in, the markup is essentially transparent to you.

I still say there is no risk if you only purchase enough pieces to meet your
own needs.

As to communicating in public, nope. that's not just my opinion either. it's

the opinion of the other participants (cashed up greedy middle men, as you
put it).

I didn't put it exactly like that, but its probably a better description.
Is this what you had intended for the parts from NZ Lego?
If it was then my concerns were well founded.

Am I the only one that thinks this deal is getting a little slimy?

The apprentice Libertarian

Mark H.

Larry Pieniazek, larryp@novera.com
Novera Software, Inc.