 Trains / 2024
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:57:15 GMT

A consortium is being assembled. Stuff will be sold at one price within
the consortium. To make allowances for people wanting more, or less,
parts than the dollar amount they invested, that price will be at a
markup from cost. Whatever parts are left over, if any, will most likely
be auctioned off. My expectation is that the auction price will end up
being at a higher markup from cost, on average, when bidding reaches its
apex.

Then the gross proceeds (from sales within the consortium and auction
proceeds, if any), net of expenses will be distributed in proportion to
the amount put up. If the items at auction go for substantially less
than our cost, it is possible (although I feel it to be unlikely) that
you will not get your entire investment back.

150 is proportionally a bit too small for the additional bookwork. 500
was the amount I named off before, I believe although we have made some
exceptions slightly below that sum.

Not counting what I myself decide to put up, we have over 5000 so far.
I'm good for at least another 5, maybe 10, haven't decided yet how much.

Most of the discussion of how to structure this is being conducted
offline. It's all very nebulous as we don't have firm prices yet.
Nothing at all could come of all this, who can say? I have a standard
note I send out to those seriously interested in participating that
contact me at my novera ID.

lugnet.