 Trains / 2044
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:47:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
[...]
What I could like to know is how this is being done, what sort of
process it is, etc.  Then I might be able to put together my own
consortium of Castle nuts to get what WE want.

Let this group of people get what they can get, I just don't see the
reason for all this cloak and dagger stuff.  If the deal is on the up
and up, and TLG has at least tacitly approved it, why not discuss it
if there's even a shred of a chance of someone else being able to pull
it off in the future?
[...]

I'm just a bystander here (not participating in the consortium) so I'm not
in possession of many facts, but it's worth noting is that the discussion
actually started 5 days ago in .trains and has only recently wandered into
other groups like .general; so there's actually quite a thread history.

The original message may shed a bit of light on some of the questions being
asked today:

   http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=1978

Here's the whole thread in brief (indented):

   http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=1978&t=i&v=b

and here it is in full chronological form:

   http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=1978&t=f&v=a

--Todd