 Trains / 2054
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 16:32:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
Let me start this out by saying I am NOT a trainhead,

My two cents worth( admittedly not much but :::shrugging shoulders:::: what
the the hey...) I am not a train head either, but any part can be used in any
model :) . I am still what I consider a "novice" to the art of Lego so please
allow me a little latitude with this post . Thank you : )
  If we consider the long term potential here, the possibility that the Lego
Group will see money is to be made via special group orders, we ought to, as a
group,  support the constraints imposed on "this Deal". It has been made very
clear that it's a chancy opportunity that could  fall apart due to various
reasons, one being too many people expecting thier unique needs to be met,
muddying the water  with too many variants,  rather than allowing specific
goals to be accomplished.  I am not participating in the deal but hope to
benifit from the results. To work out such a deal will take time and dedication
by a few  folks so many will benifit and they should expect some "rewards" for
that effort. once the deal goe thru, Lego Group "might" see there could be
profit in this method of distribution, they might not.:::shrugging shoudlers:::
  My opinion would be to go ahead and work within the current constraints of
"this Deal" dont push for changes that might sour the whole thing and hope for
the best for all AFOL. Maybe speicial runs of certain parts,( if they know they
have buyers with cash in hand, dont you think they would like the profit ?,
rather than the "run the parts and hope they sell"situation. If this deal works
maybe they will see the beauty in this method of retail business.
  thank you for your time and attention
      John