 General / 28155
Re: Sand Green (was: Re: It's here!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:35:04 GMT

John Radtke wrote:

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
One more data point, FWIW:  according to LEGO Direct, the official internal
name for the new green is:

  Sand Green

--Todd

It is now also listed as Sand Green in the Statue of Liberty description in
the Jan 2001 S@H catalog.  Have to wonder if they refer to the LOM red and
blue (and maybe even the purple) in a similar fashion....

It's beginning to appear to me that the red, blue, and purple from LOM
are sand red, sand blue, and sand purple. It's also beginning to be
apparent that tan and sand yellow are the same color Note that there are
"gates" for the transport system for 3 of the martian mechs,
corresponding to the mechs colors, two of those are blue and red. Who
knows what happened to the green gate. The third gate (which comes with
the tan mech instead of with the big set) is tan. Of course I also just
had a realization that tan could be sand orange.

Frank