 General / 24873
24872  |  24874
Subject:
Finished Statue..was: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 15:25:04 GMT

   Just finished mine.  I had 16 pieces  left over, all were the
"New" green except the 1/2 pin.   Here's a rundown....

(4)  2x2 R2D2 Bodies
(1) Gray 1/2 Technic pin
(1) 1x1 tile
(2) 2x4 brick
(4) 2x6 brick
(4) 2x8 brick

The inclusion of the
R2D2 bodies is a mystery.

I just finished building my statue!
Your leftover brick count matches mine!  I don't understand the R2D2 body
parts either.  Seems very strange that they would include pieces like that
in the set and not use them.
For those who have built the statue, I've got a couple of questions:

Does the back of the head seem strangely designed?  I rebuilt the head three
times to make sure it was right and yet the back of it looks bad.

How many times did you have to turn the statue upside down and shake out a
loose piece that fell in the cavity? hehhehheh  I think I did it at least 10
times!

Enjoy..
Tom