 General / 24936
24935  |  24937
Subject:
Mystery of the 4 droid bodies? (was Re: It's here!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:36:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Langstaff writes:
In lugnet.general, Thomas D. Fulk, Jr. writes:
There are only about eight or so free pieces - 4 of which are the 2x2
cylinder 'R2D2' robot body bricks that aren't even used in the statue.

The only use for the R2D2 bodies I can see is to substitute the cone piece
at the bottom of the torch, or to allow an extension of the torch handle?
Even if that's the case, why four of them?

Perhaps TLG accidentally confused them with the four 2x2 cylinder bricks -
which came in their own small packing bag.  Possibly this was a last minute
'fix' on TLG's part?

Perhaps this is a good place for LEGO Direct to step in and clear up a mystery
with some rather harmless inside info?  I can't see why these were included
being a trade secret.

eric