 General / 24794
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:34:15 GMT

I, for one, can't go along with that at all.

We should attempt to be consistant with whatever TLG ends up on calling it
for the general public.  Not that we may know that yet, but we certainly can
influence it.
Case in point - Note the Beige group lost out to Tan - TLG had even called
it Beige internally until they needed to go public with it - then they chose
something kids could handle.
I don't know about your kids (if you have any) but I would really worry if
mine started to call a color verdigris...

What about "Moss"
Simple and to the point (not to deny other colors of moss - it's just that
most people think of green moss when moss is mentioned.)

-Jon

In lugnet.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
My vote's for Verdigris, even though this color's used in non-copper
sets :)  It's kind of mossy looking, not swampy, but mossy.. I love it
:)

Jon Kozan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
My statue of liberty is here!!!! huzzah!  it's huge and arrived in a
very odd package... much like the mosaic box, only like 8 times the
size, inside are 4 plain white boxes numbered 1-4..

Ok, what are we going to call the color?
Green...

Muted Green?
Green-Gray?
Washed-Green?
Verdis-Green?
Only people with the parts in hand should actually get to vote.

-Jon