 General / 24894
Re: Finished Statue..was: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 21:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas D. Fulk, Jr. writes:
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 15:25:04 GMT, "Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net>
wrote:

I just finished building my statue!
Your leftover brick count matches mine!  I don't understand the R2D2 body
parts either.  Seems very strange that they would include pieces like that
in the set and not use them.
For those who have built the statue, I've got a couple of questions:

Does the back of the head seem strangely designed?  I rebuilt the head three
times to make sure it was right and yet the back of it looks bad.

How many times did you have to turn the statue upside down and shake out a
loose piece that fell in the cavity? hehhehheh  I think I did it at least 10
times!

Enjoy..
Tom

    You're right, the back of the head is a bit weird.  I never
noticed it.

     I only dropped a part into it one time.  It took a bit of
shaking to get it back!

   The most aggravating part was keeping the very first parts of the
tablet from falling off while adding the layer above them.  Enough
parts fell off of mine that I had to strip down and redo that area
once to be sure it was right.  Only set me back about 5 minutes.  I
estimate I had 6 hours of building time total.

Thomas
   You did pretty good with 6 hours of building time.  I guess I mess around
too much when I'm building.  I think it took me 8 or 9 hours to complete it.
That's with watching tv, munching on snacks and such!
   I didn't have as much trouble with the tablet part.  I bumped it once and
had to replace a few bricks.  I had much more trouble trying to figure out
parts of the head when the layer wasn't even.  I wanted a 3-D view from the
side a few times to make sure I was doing it right.  I think I was just
getting a little brain weary by then.  Did your fingers get sore?  By page
50, I was hurting!
Tom R