 General / 24907
Re: Finished Statue (Scale Computing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 06:37:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I didn't realize that the SoL is so small... and I thought the pedestal
was taller than the statue..
this page says the pedestal is 154' tall... seems so small... i've never
seen it, but in my mind i thought it would tower the washington monument
(555' tall)... ah well.  So how tall should the statue be to be 1:44?
or at least closer? :)

Doh.  Ok, after rereading the site I failed to mention in the last post:

http://www.endex.com/gf/buildings/liberty/libertyfacts.htm

The granite pedestal is 89' and the foundation is 65'... I still didn't run the
numbers to find out how big a minifig scale one would be, but i did find a
picture of the back of the statue.. to see what's in her hair:

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/habshaer/ny/ny1200/ny1251/photos/120266pv.jpg