 General / 24908
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:59:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

My vote's for Verdigris, even though this color's used in non-copper
sets :)  It's kind of mossy looking, not swampy, but mossy.. I love it
:)

It is called "verdigris green" on Brickbay.com .

Isn't that sort of redundant redundant, like saying Turquoise Blue or
Lemon Yellow?  8^)

Not exactly.  It seems that some by definitions, verdigris is a patina --
it's the substance that forms on the surface of oxidized copper, not the
color itself.

See the entries at
<http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=verdigris>.  Close to the
end, there's a link to "verdigris green", which indicates that maybe
there's actually an entry for this term somewhere.  But (if that's the
case) the link doesn't work right.  And searching for '"verdigris green"'
bombs, too.  Oh, well.

I'm still gonna call these bricks verdigris.  Once I get the set, of
course.

Steve