 General / 24895
Re: Finished Statue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 21:48:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Powell writes:
A Question to those people who have the Statute of Liberty, how did you find
it?  Is it worth spending $300(CDN) on getting it or not?  Would it work as the
centerpiece of a town?  (That's what I'm thinking of getting one for)

James Powell

I think it was worth getting.  I like the new green color and I'm impressed
with the array of bricks you get with it.  If I didn't like the new color,
then I probably wouldn't think it was worth getting.  As for the actual
statue, I'm not wild about the design.  It's okay, but I wouldn't have
bought it for the "Liberty" image alone!
Would it work for a town layout?  I'm not sure!  At first I thought it too
large to be used in a town.  It stands 33 1/2 inches from the floor.  But in
thinking about it and comparing it to a minifig, it might be closer than I
would have thought.  It may actually be too small, if you figure a minifig
would be climbing inside and up to the top.  I put a minifig up next to it
and to give you an idea of the scale, a minifig with the feet lined up with
the bottom of the chin would have the top of it's head even with the center
of the eye sockets.  I hope that helps!
Tom