 General / 24792
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:25:15 GMT

Jonathan Lopes wrote:

Ok, what are we going to call the color?
Green...

Muted Green?
Green-Gray?
Washed-Green?
Verdis-Green?
Only people with the parts in hand should actually get to vote.

-Jon

People should bear in mind that there are blue & red versions of this color
as well. i.e. muted blue, muted red. Whatever name you chose you might want
to apply it to these other colors as well.
I do have the parts btw, but I will let others decide the name.

Jonathan

The word "green" should be in the name, I guess Antique Green would be good.
(I think I might have been the one that started the thread on "Verdigris".)  If
people want Verdigris, then I want dark pink to be "Magenta".  And that opens
up another can of worms on that turquoise green shade which I have heard
referenced as "Cyan" among other things.  I know that we now have several
shades of green.  How's this:   Green,  Light Green, Turquoise Green, Antique
Green...... (pale blue, pale red......)

IMHO, I think that we should use the basic color name as part of the
descriptive, but we should come to some kind of agreement so we can get ready
for the next new color!  :-)

Gary Istok