 General / 24877
24876  |  24878
Subject:
Sand Green (was: Re: It's here!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 16:22:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
My statue of liberty is here!!!! huzzah!  it's huge and arrived in a
very odd package... much like the mosaic box, only like 8 times the
size, inside are 4 plain white boxes numbered 1-4..

Ok, what are we going to call the color?
Green...

Muted Green?
Green-Gray?
Washed-Green?
Verdis-Green?
Only people with the parts in hand should actually get to vote.

One more data point, FWIW:  according to LEGO Direct, the official internal
name for the new green is:

   Sand Green

(in English, anyway; my understanding is that it's different in Danish).
I don't know if that's what LEGO will call it when they interface with
consumers, but it's the most official name I've heard so far.  BradJ said
that the name hadn't been mentioned publicly by LEGO yet, which led me to
assume that someone at LEGO Direct was going to post about it relatively
soonish.  (That was a month ago.)  I would've thought someone at LEGO Direct
would've posted about this by now, given the amount of controversy over the
name.  :-)  They could put it all to rest with one simple post.  Since Brad
didn't say that the name was any kind of secret, I'm figuring that it
must've slipped through the cracks.

--Todd