 General / 24854
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:17:16 GMT

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:49:17 GMT, "Chris Langstaff"
<yangie69@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

It will actually be a relatively easy inventory job (just a LOT of
counting...). I wonder how many free pieces we get (I won't be surprised
to have some extra 2x4s etc. There are several bags of some parts, they
might be a round quantity).

There are only about eight or so free pieces - 4 of which are the 2x2
cylinder 'R2D2' robot body bricks that aren't even used in the statue.  If I
remember correctly there were only two extra 2x4 bricks.  Also a 2x6 and a
2x8 I think - not as many free parts as I thought.  All the extra pieces are
the 'verdigris' colour.

CL

    Just finished mine.  I had 16 pieces  left over, all were the
"New" green except the 1/2 pin.   Here's a rundown....

(4)  2x2 R2D2 Bodies
(1) Gray 1/2 Technic pin
(1) 1x1 tile
(2) 2x4 brick
(4) 2x6 brick
(4) 2x8 brick

   My theory on this is that it was easier to pack oh lets say 5 bags
with 26 2x6 bricks than packing 4 with 26 per bag and one with only
22.  Cheaper and easier to give away 4 bricks.  The inclusion of the
R2D2 bodies is a mystery.