 General / 24810
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:46:39 GMT

We should attempt to be consistant with whatever TLG ends up on calling it
for the general public.

I agree with that completely.

I won't be calling it "new green" unless i need to explain it to someone
who doesn't have a dictionary handy to look up verdigris :)  I'm not
saying verdigris is the best name, just that it's the best temporary
choice.

I don't know about your kids (if you have any) but I would really worry if
mine started to call a color verdigris...

Really?  I think that'd be most cool, as it's the closest thing to the
proper word for the color of rusted copper.  "Verdigris Green" seems to be
more proper, but you know kids...

Verdigris green is very redundant, imho... and long... not as long as
"glow in the dark" but long enough.

What about "Moss"
Simple and to the point (not to deny other colors of moss - it's just that
most people think of green moss when moss is mentioned.)

Hmm.  When I think of moss, I think of a bright or brilliant green, with
dark undertones and a sprinkling of bright red.

Someone also suggested Mossy-Green, but I like MossGreen, i think it's
my favorite, and having stared at the bricks for the last 5 hours... it
still looks pretty mossy... :)