 General / 24901
Re: It's here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 01:07:15 GMT

"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

    Just finished mine.  I had 16 pieces  left over, all were the
"New" green except the 1/2 pin.   Here's a rundown....

(4)  2x2 R2D2 Bodies
(1) Gray 1/2 Technic pin
(1) 1x1 tile
(2) 2x4 brick
(4) 2x6 brick
(4) 2x8 brick

   My theory on this is that it was easier to pack oh lets say 5 bags
with 26 2x6 bricks than packing 4 with 26 per bag and one with only
22.  Cheaper and easier to give away 4 bricks.  The inclusion of the
R2D2 bodies is a mystery.

Exact same extras I had... it seemed like a lot to me, so i rechecked
the instructions to make sure i hadn't made any mistakes... but i
couldn't find any...
We should contact lego or lego direct or something and just get them to
clarify the spare parts that should be left over after making the set.