 General / 2295
2294  |  2296
Subject:
ThrowBots elements are cool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:42:02 GMT

In article lugnet.general, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
[...]

I just hate the fact that TLG feels the need to identify TBs as Technic.

Because it *is* Technic, my friend!  :)

Technic is supposed to be about building models (often large and
complex) which include more mechanical operation than regular System
products.

Don't the new ball & socket elements count?  It's a whole new form of
3D polar-coordinate movement.

TBs has none of that.

'ay, have you built any of the models yet?

Not only are the new elements fully Technic-compatible (axle and peg holes),
but the TB sets include are actual classic Technic elements, for example:

   1x1x.5 Toothless Pulleys
   1x1 8-Tooth Gears
   2x2 16-Tooth Gears
   3x3 24-Tooth Gears
   4x4 40-Tooth Gears
   3L Catches
   2L Cross Catches
   #6 Angle Joints (90 deg.)
   2L Axle/Pegs
   2L Friction Pegs
   3L Friction Pegs w/ Stop Bush
   3L Axles w/ End Stud
   1x1x1 Stop Bushings
   2L Worm Gears
   #2 Notched Axles
   #4 Axles
   #5 Axles
   #6 Axles
   Technic Fig Visors
   Flex-Tube Casings
   3-Blade Aquazone-Style Propellors

I think this TB system isn't a flash in the pan.  I think it's something
that opens the door to a lot of new building possibilities and it's
something likely to be integrated into the mainstream Technic sets over
time, if not futuristic themes as well.

I'm not too psyched about the TB models per se (I'm not in the target
market) but as far as the elements go, I think they're awesome!

--Todd