 General / 2266
2265  |  2267
Subject:
Sorry to tell you this....Throwbots.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 17:09:55 GMT

All the throwbots in this area have sold out. Beside the throwbots display were
all the discounted half price sets. I know this event does not affect regular
collectors or does it?

If Lego knows they can sell these sets easier than regular sets, I am afraid of
the direction Lego merchandising will take in the future. I know Town Jr. and
Space Jr. are bad, but my biggest fear it could get worse, incredibly worse.
Throwbot expansions, and larger Throwbot bases, and all at much higher prices. I
realize Lego is a privately owned company and expects a profit, but my fear is
the emphasis on the bottom line will reduce a great construction toy to a
glorified action figure line.

I would use IMHO, but in this case IMPO would be more appropriate.

--
See you over the event horizon,

James

P.S. Beware of naked singularities.