 Publishing / 304
Re: The Mavica (was Re: ThrowBots elements are cool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:16:22 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:
We just upgraded to the FD-81 last weekend and it is fantastic!  It only has a
3x zoom, but we've got an external zoom anyway.  What it does give is up to
1024x728 resolution on your jpgs, with a great option to take a hi-res .bmp
instead of .jpg!  - not sure how many of those it will fit on a disk, though.
Also, the BIG feature this time around is movies!  It'll take up to a minute of
movie at low res (160x120, I think), and 15 seconds at hi-res!

I'd be interested in hearing more about the FD-81 and your opinion of
it.  I've never quite liked the Mavicas, mainly because they've pretty
much always been a year or so behind the curve in resolution, although
the convenience of the floppy makes up for some of that.

What kind of external zoom lens are you using?  How much was it?  Do
you like it?  :)

My Ricoh is getting a little dated, although its 8xx X 5xx (forget the
exact size) pics are still fairly decent, and it's macro capability
may still be one of the best around - autofocuses at down to 1 inch.

I'm seriously considering going with an Olympus next time around,
although I hate to do that because they use that smartmedia crap
instead of the compact flash.  I already have a 20mb compact flash
card, so I'd have to sell that along with my Ricoh when I upgraded,
only to turn around and buy more smartmedia cards.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide