 General / 2331
Re: ThrowBots elements are cool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:07:33 GMT

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

OK, you're on.  :)  Our Mavica [camera] is supposed be back from the fix-it
shop later this week and maybe I can make something and put up some photos.

I'm thinking of getting a digital camera myself, could you elaborate
slightly on the usefullness of the Mavica for taking pictures of LEGO
MOC's?  Is the macro mode useful?  Do you use the flash?  How many
images go on one floppy disk?

I'll be happy to see some images of your TB MOC's, BTW!

I really miss the old Expert Builder-style Technic with the big beams.  :-(
I mean, I love almost all of the new Technic elements, but I don't
understand why 1xN beams have been nearly completely phased out...

Personally, I like the low abundance of 1×N beams, simply because I have
enough of them.  If I got even more beams, all my sorting compartments
would overflow!

Oh, and I remember when I got out of my dark ages back in October 1997.
I really disliked the new style Technic elements.  One of the first
MOC's I made after my dark ages was a classical racer, which used almost
exclusively old style Technic elements.  True, it used some new elements
as well, but mainly for decoration, not for function:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/classical-racer/

Later, as I learned to like the new elements, I made more and more
models with them.  Now, I almost exclusively use the new style elements,
i.e.:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/moke/

I think this will probably happen with the new TB elements as well.  As
soon as I get used to them and learn about their geometry, I'll use them
more and more.

Fredrik