 General / 2294
Re: Need help deciding: 8480 or 8880 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:30:42 GMT

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:30:34 GMT, Laurentino Martins uttered the following
profundities...

If you had the chance to buy a 8480 Space Shuttle or a 8880 Super Car
for approximately the same amount of money, what would you choose? And
why?

I can't buy both, so I have to decide soon.

Tough one. Isn't it typical that you have to choose between
the two best Technic sets?

I guess to determine which is most desired, is to decide
which has the most useful parts. The 8880 has the large tyres
and unique suspension system. The 8480 has the red micro-motor,
8720 motor, FOS....
Both of course have a high piece count, and of that high
piece count, a high "useful pieces" count. (loads of beams, etc.)
But aside from the break-up value, the main models themselves
are fantastic, and worthy display models. They are
truly "Oooh" and "Ahhh" sets. (The usual reaction by the non-
Lego-enlightened).
Me, personally, have 4 8480's and 2 8880's, so would go for
the 8880, so that I can have one permantly displayed, and
do a 6-wheeled MOC with the scraps.

I suggest begging a friend or family member to loan you the
money, so that you can buy both, and not be tormented by such
fiendish choices....

(Perhaps someone can do a Photoshop manipulation of "The
Tribulations? of St Anthony" by Bruegel (or was it Bosch?).
Instead of renouncing Christianity, the poor soul has to
decide whether to renounce 8480 or 8880).
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/