 General / 20851

Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
Today it was a boring day at work so I decided to look up the the Lego
Studio set. Since I didn't know the number I had to search sequencially
and what I found almost made me scream like a schoolgirl at an N-sync
concert. Sets are usually in the computer 3 or 4 before they actually go
out on the floor. It is now August, you do the math. That's right, 2001
sets!! At least the ones we will see in Dec. And prices.
[...]

Assuming this is not a hoax, did you get permission from the LEGO Company or
from Target Stores to disclose this information publicly?

--Todd

Re: 2001 Set info
In lugnet.general, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
In lugnet.announce, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
Today it was a boring day at work so I decided to look up the the Lego
Studio set. Since I didn't know the number I had to search sequencially
and what I found almost made me scream like a schoolgirl at an N-sync
concert. Sets are usually in the computer 3 or 4 before they actually go
out on the floor. It is now August, you do the math. That's right, 2001
sets!! At least the ones we will see in Dec. And prices.
[...]

Assuming this is not a hoax, did you get permission from the LEGO Company
or from Target Stores to disclose this information publicly?

We give out dpci's and prices on regular basis. All I listed was name
of item, price of item, and dpci of item. If a guest had walked in the
store and askes me to punch in a dpci to check on an item I will give
him the same info.

OK, so just so I understand, it is Target Stores policy to give this type of
information out?  Anything that's in the computer is fair game to tell to
customers?

--Todd

Re: 2001 Set info
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
In lugnet.general, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
Assuming this is not a hoax, did you get permission from the LEGO Company
or from Target Stores to disclose this information publicly?

We give out dpci's and prices on regular basis. All I listed was name
of item, price of item, and dpci of item. If a guest had walked in the
store and askes me to punch in a dpci to check on an item I will give
him the same info.

LEGO has respectfully requested that the leaked information on this thread be
deleted or otherwise removed from view.  Since this was a formal request and
TLC's privacy rights are in question here, this is a legal issue and I will be
deleting what I can find related to this.  BradJ might post and explain more.

Please help by not propagating the leaked information any further.  (And
remember:  LUGNET is not a leak club.)

Thanks,
--Todd

[followups to lugnet.lego.direct]

Re: 2001 Set info
[...]

Jorge Rodríguez
rodriguez.136@osu.edu

Re: 2001 Set info
Well, at least that proves it wasn't a hoax...