 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 514
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:43:26 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Miller writes:

Frankly, I find it silly when companies "crack down" on things like this.
It's their own fans they're hurting -- and it's the most rabid fanatical
ones who *care* about stuff like this. I understand the desire to keep
things secret, but once they're out, why make bad publicity for yourself?
Instead, capitalize on the free *positive* publicity.

Exactly.  What, precisely, is the point of telling us not to talk about it?

The sets might get cancelled?  The prices might change?  I think anyone reading
this information knows that might happen.

Competitors might get the info?  Uh, so?  I'm sure the competition knows this
stuff already, and not through Lugnet.  Even so, what precisely is the
competition going to do with a list of set names and numbers?

Asking fans not to talk about it is just plain stupid, and hurtful to their
reputation with their fans.

eric