 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 522
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:29:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:

I have a copy of Brad's email and I will post it for documentation if he
doesn't happen to come forward to explain more.

Not to put you on the spot, but how long do you envision waiting for Brad J.
(or somone at Lego) to post explaining their position before you post his
email?  I'm very interested in insight into (wow, three "in" words in a row)
TLC's reasoning behind this request.

eric

I'm also voting for this.  If you (Todd) are going to cancel a post by someone
at the behest of Lego (who neither sponsor nor endorse LUGNET), release the
legal document asking you to remove it.  I suspect that it was in the form of a
'please remove this, we are displeased' notice, but not a true legal warning.
In which case, you are CENSORING someone by removing info which they have
posted.

From the LUGNET Plan:

2.
            To help people share information about LEGO products
            and LEGO-related resources on the World Wide Web by
            setting in motion a community-driven knowledge-base.

Where in there does it say that something that a non-TLC employee cannot
distrbute info which he picked up by using a computer at work, instead of by
going for a walk down the isle with the lego in it?

This is what Jorge did, in his digital eq.  It is the same thing as TLC putting
up photos, and then getting angry at us for finding them on the web page.

LS James Powell