 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 570
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:28:44 GMT

Briefly because I'm at a client site and can't chat as much as I'd like.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
To reiterate: You do exercise editorial control here, please keep doing so.

I absolutely and vehemently disagree with the assertion that editorial control
is being or has ever been exerted.

Perhaps we are working from different definitions of the term...?

Ding ding ding! Yes!

My working
definition of "editorial control" is to edit or delete all or portions of
something based on its content on non-technical or non-legal grounds.

I definitely and without a doubt agree that you do not do that specific thing
(whatever you or I call it) here and if anyone is thinking that I am implying
that you do, they would be incorrect. (except inasmuch as you do sort
of "delete" posts by people who have had their posting privs revoked... the
post is deleted by automatic mechanisms (that you, as "editor" have put in
place and administer) in that the server rejects it prior to it being
submitted and posted)

You may have a
different definition of the term and I would be curious to hear it.

Very briefly and subject to amplification later, the legal meaning of
editorial control is much broader than your definition. It is the act of
exerting influence over what sorts of things appear on a site. The mechanism
by which control is exerted is irrelevant. (to the definition of the term. It
matters a lot to us as recepients of that control, and I like your selected
mechanism...)

++Lar