 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 569
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 06:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
To reiterate: You do exercise editorial control here, please keep doing
so.

I absolutely and vehemently disagree with the assertion that editorial
control is being or has ever been exerted.

I should add one thing here to clarify the context of what I mean.  I'm talking
of course about the newsgroups above.

In contrast, the sets database is a completely different story:  editorial
control *is* and probably always will be exercised in the sets database --
and for obvious reasons:  adding/updating data, correcting mistakes, etc.
Six people currently have access to change things in the sets DB and a fair
amount of editing goes on over time.

I think we're getting tripped up on wording here and I would personally rather
focus on what is happening and has happened and will continue to happen,
rather than trying to apply loaded labels like "censorship" or "editorial
control", etc.

The bottom line is that no newsgroup content is edited or removed on th