 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 605
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:31:49 GMT

I will counter with the info from this post that I made that applies
to me, Jorge or anyone else who has "accepted the conditions for
posting" here at Lugnet..

see http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=236

The post referenced is about some Castle set info I had, not anything
else but applies here for the info Jorge posted also.

I applaud Todd's removal for the non-public information from Lugnet, I
suspect that John Q Public would have a hard time picking up one of
those machines that Jorge uses and get information from it.....

It depends, could a "reasonable" person find them, if they had "reasonable"
knowlage of how it worked?  (in other words, if Jorge left his price scanner
and I picked it up, and tried looking at _all_ the 71xx series lego, would I
have found the info?...I suspect, that had I been the one doing so, I would
have found it without too much difficulty.)

If you are going to quote parts of the Terms and Conditions from

OK, but...

Jorge _said_ that if a costomer had come into the store and asked about those
items, and had a idea (even a vague one) and he had some experience with where
the new sets were likely to be (IE, if the customer said, can you look in the
71xx sets, and tell me if anything new is showing), that he has been authorized
to do that.  In other words, he (Jorge) has been authorized to release that
info, by his employer.  If his employer is mistaken in this ability, then that
is a problem that LSI should take up with Target, and NOTHING to do with
LUGNET or the posts.

I think that we have a admin who is fearful of the legal consiquences of not
removing something that he legally probably could have left up...yes, I do
understand that there are other considerations on Todd's part than just this
one incident.

I want to see a _CLEAR_ policy from LUGNET (and LSI!!!) on this issue, since it
has shown its head now 3 times here.  In other words, what is banned from here?

1. Direct info that has been obtained about retail catalogs?
2. Links to such info?
3. Discussion including information about sets contained in those catalogs?
4. Any promo/non widely distributed info?
5. Info on the public side of a firewall?

Please note, I do agree that LSI has a right to release info whenever they
choose to do so.  However, if the info is available to the public (1), then _I_
consider it fair game.

James Powell

(1)-in this I mean _anyone_ who is not signed to a Non Disclosure Agreement
with LSI, including retail staff.  In other words, Suzanne would not be allowed
to "leak" info, but if I got a local TRU clerk to dig up the same info that
Jorge dug up, then it is _fair_ game.