 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 586
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
I realise that your best answer for this is the first thing you said here-
that you aren't a lawyer- but are you really implying that discussing this
information- in any way, in any forum- violates the law or infinges on TLC's
rights?

No, I'm not implying that.  I believe that it's possible that some things
related to this might possibly potentially violate some privacy law somewhere,
and I believe that it's potentially likely that some things related to this
may be construed by TLC as infringement, but unfortunately, I think only TLC
is in the position to know for sure whether a given thing infringes upon their
privacy rights or not -- which makes it very difficult for us to judge how far
we can go.  I don't know about "cat's outta the bag" laws.  I don't know what
the wording was in their contract with Target or other trade partners and of
course I wouldn't know how to interpret it decisively anyway.

--Todd