 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 600
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:28:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>
Sites only have 2 choices. Either they control things or they don't. This is a
controlled site, using very effective and benign mechanisms, but it's
controlled nevertheless and thus does not have the "common carrier" defense
(in the US legal system, I'm not talking about barbarian states like Canada or
the UK :-) ) against libel and defamation that an uncontrolled site does (if

Ooog ooog ooog :)  Actually, I believe that Canadian case law is similar
to the US on this point.  You either exert no control, or you're
responsible.

<snip>
he can ignore it at his peril, but I don't have to belabor the point. (more. :-

That's _belabour_.  Ooog ooog ooog :)

Jeff Elliott