 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 601
600  |  602
Subject:
Internet Buzz is useful
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:23:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Maybe Lego should take another look at how secretive they are about
releasing new Lego set information. Movie buzz on the internet made The
Blair Witch project a success and people we eagerly awaiting the opening
day.

I think Lego could be more up to date with technology and release the set
names and new lines earlier than the existing method of distributing small
bits of info in product sheet catalogs. I can understand that pricing info
should be left off. What part of the info did Lego really have a problem
with?

I am the most eager to buy a set that I have heard about/and or seen
pictures of months prior to the release of such set. Lego does release some
summer set info early, however they seem to hoard the winter release set
info.

Lego did release the info about the Speilberg movie set, why not release
information about the other sets?

If target has the info why not just go ahead and tell the rest of us. You
would get great buzz (free) and have people drooling about future sets that
they could buy.

Lego should get with the times and expedite their method of releasing
information. Your current means of communication makes your company look
like a big old dinosaur.

Rose