 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 520
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:47:24 GMT

Eugwe Coral <eugwecoral37@cs.com> schrieb: FyyoI7.MJ1@lugnet.com...
This may be the
problem -? doesn't seem so, but who knows. Nevertheless, the problem is
Target. Along the same line of 'anyone could walk in off the street and
retrieve this info' - Target wouldn't want it's customers knowing pricing
information before the release date because it probably (if it is anything
like Wal-Mart) may change the prices before December, but is held to any
quoted, advertised or competitor prices.... Thus if someone 'leaked the
prices now, the person they leaked to could hold Target to these prices...
Does this make any sense?

What you wrote makes a lot of sence for me, but if this was the case, why
did TLC ask Todd to cancel the message and not Target. Note that only Target
would be affected if it's just a "WHOLESALE prices, NOT RETAIL"-problem.

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow...
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de