 General / 15128
Re: Model Shop Inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:58:12 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Stangl writes:
Does that mean there are still K8s of light blue bricks and plates laying
around there that we might talk them out of?  ;-)

I say that because there are all SORTS of pieces at LLC in light blue that
never came in a production set, and aren't used in high #s AT LLC either.

Another example - trans-dark-blue minifig heads used in ONE model at LLC - if
they had to order 20+ K8s, they've GOT to have a few boxes laying around.
Those would make KILLER rotating lights for the top of a larger police car!

john kelly wrote:
<big snip>

Doesn't the 'Ultimate LEGO Book' have pictures of LLC buildings being built at
the model shops in Denmark?

I don't think the Enfield model shop builds anything for LLC - the build stuff
for the Imagination Centers; for the McDonalds, 'Yoda' and similar promotions;
and for Target, Toys 'r' Us, etc...

The Enfield shop probably gets 99% of their bricks from just down the road at
the Enfield moulding facility - they are pretty much limited to 'current
production run' parts.

JohnG, GMLTC
  (erase the '.nospam' to reply...)

(Fut set to lugnet.general)