 Dear LEGO / 2759
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:52:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

I was just thinking about the SW sets we've seen so far from the Classic
Trilogy, and I was realising that TLC is almost out of major vehicles!  Forget
speculation about what they *might* do next, what's left to do?

<snip>

Am I forgetting anything?  This is all I can come up with that is even • remotely
possible.  Keep in mind, though, I'm talking Classic Trilogy and System sets,
here.  I left out anything that seemed way too big for TLC to bother (Star
Destroyers, Tantive IV, Mon Cal Cruisers, etc)

Any thoughts?  Agree/disagree?

eric

I have to agree with one of the other posts.  Your idea that the large SW ships
are too big for Lego to bother could be wrong.  Someone had a really good idea
about the Tantive IV being made into a set.

Ok. Well, I don't actually have any Lego historical proof that they will make
jumongous ships, I do have some really cool ideas.

This was my idea for a millenium falcon (before they botched it):
  Make the Falcon out of the pieces from the rest of the series.  They could
sell a small accessory pack of pieces and instructions which tell you what
other SW Lego sets you need.  This is similar to what they do in the Lego
Maniac magazine.  They take kid's designs and rework them a bit, then give
instructions and a list a sets you need to make the design.  Idea books do this
too.

  Ok, so why do we need Lego to tell us how to do it?  We can just MOC it
ourselves, can we?  Sure, and we do that anyway, but this would be a really
cool extension of Lego building if they came out with composite sets.

  Now, since the Falcon is a set, we can change gears.  They can do the same
thing with the large ships, even the death star!  Ok, maybe these can never be
minifig scale designs, but I do hopw they come out with some Star Destroyer
Model.  I myself am working on a microfig (well smaller than that really) scale
Star Destroyer.

Ok, that's enough, eh?

Honestly, I think the playsets have the most potential, but that is already
mentioned alot above.

-ALfred