 Star Wars / 10175
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:31:16 GMT

*TIE Interceptor
*TIE Bomber

I doubt they'll release these in the same year, though.

I feel the only way to extend the SW line to 2007 is to make these two sets
available.  No way around it.  They will make them to keep the Tie Pilot
Helmet mold profitable.

*Sandcrawler

This would have to be so big, I can't imagine them making a set for it.  I
mean, few people would recognise it!

We've seen it back when they showed the prototype of the UCS X-Wing.  It's
totally doable.

*AT-AT

I personally think this could be done for a $90-$120 price point.

It will probably be done, but no matter what, it won't meet everyone's
expectations.

*Jabba's Barge

Now we're really stretching, but they did do the Skiff, so why not?

Could be, but unlikely in my eyes.

*T-16 Skyhopper

Never even on film- seems unlikely

No, wasn't featured promenently in the movie enough to market it effectively.

*Sandtroopers with Dewback

Uh.  The Dewback would end up being a Kaadu-like guy, but it might be cool.
Definitely good for getting lots of Stormtroopers.

It was in the movie for under 5 seconds.  But I think this would be the way
to make the ST Fig Pack.

*Han and Luke on Tauntauns

Gungan patrol part 2, seems likely.

Yeah, could be done easily.

*Cloud Car

Mmmm, or-ange.

I agree here too.  This would easily be done.

Am I forgetting anything?  This is all I can come up with that is even remotely
possible.  Keep in mind, though, I'm talking Classic Trilogy and System sets,
here.  I left out anything that seemed way too big for TLC to bother (Star
Destroyers, Tantive IV, Mon Cal Cruisers, etc)

Aha, now I have it.  Every once in a while I get this strange feeling.  The
first time was when the MF was announced.  I immediately knew and posted a
link that it's gonna use those saucer parts, no doubt about it.  I was
blasted for my remark, and then when it happened, no one apologized.  Then I
got the feeling again when they announced the AT-ST.  I immediately posted
about how its going to be too small and use that Robo Raptor leg swinging
thing.  Again I got blasted or ignored for my guess.  Guess what?  I was
right.  Now I have the feeling again, and this time it's about the Tantive
IV.  I picture a scaled down version with another Princess Leia, R2, C3PO,
Rebels, Imperials and Vader.  Price point at 100 just like the MF.  Droid
Escape set included.  People will be happy it's made, but angry at the
reduced scale.  It will look good though, quality like the Imperial Shuttle.

Also, keep in mind, if it's included on the Logo, it's going to be made.  So
we have yet to see(I know it's Episode 1) Queen Amidala.  The Jawa were used
in a few of the instruction manual cartoons, so they are likely too.  I'm
getting strong vibes about both the Corellian Corvette and the Sandcrawler.
UCS I feel another pair of craft, Imperial and Rebel.  Imperial: something
not too similar to the TIE-I.  No one will by a set just because of a change
in the wings.  Needs to be different.  AT-ST maybe.  No one said it had to
be a flying craft.  Rebels:  A or Y wing.  Time will tell.

Jason F.