 Star Wars / 10167
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 03:05:42 GMT

Sun Yun wrote:

I don't mean to be so negative.  I really like most of the sets.  It's just
that they seem to be dropping the ball on some of the most anticipated sets.
I hope they prove me wrong.

I dunno...most of *my* most anticipated sets came out in the first batch, and
I don't think they dropped the ball there.  I thought the X-wing was very good,
and the Snowspeeder was nothing short of excellent.

*Sandtroopers with Dewback

Uh.  The Dewback would end up being a Kaadu-like guy, but it might be cool.
Definitely good for getting lots of Stormtroopers.

I can definitely see this set.  Probably with one dewback and two
stormtroopers for $10.  Maybe a third figure to stay with past trends.

I'd certainly go for it.  It' probably have a moisture vaporator or something
along
with it, so there was some actual bulding involved.  But the Stormtroopers would
be welcome, and the Dewback would be one more weird mount to show up in my
Castle stuff.

What I would really appreciate is a stormtroopers minfig pack.  Alas, this
is but a dream since we have yet to see any starwars minifig pack.

We've seen the "mini heros" packs, and I for one would not be surprised to see
one with maybe 2 stormtroopers and an imperial officer (like from the Imperial
Shuttle).  I'd buy a bunch.

*Han and Luke on Tauntauns

Gungan patrol part 2, seems likely.

I think your on point with this one too.  Once again probably in the $10 range

Personally I would love to see some ewok sets, and yoda should pop up
somewhere too at full minfig size . . .er then again he might appear as a
green piece of injection molded plastic like the baby T-rex. . . :)

Or Sebulba or the other Podracer guy. (sigh)  Jawas would be great (another
source
of brown hoods and capes), ewoks would be decent (I'd love the tree village),
Yoda's swamp could be an interesting little set.