 Star Wars / 10186
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:

From: "James Simpson" <mitchjacko@cs.com>

IIRC, the vehicle in the garage was the Lars family speeder.  I believe that
the only time the skyhopper appeared was as the model that Luke wooshed
around in the garage just before C3-P0 told him that he and R-2 had been
been through a lot, what with all the space battles and the rebellion.

While you are correct about the Lars landspeeder, the rear engine of the
T-16 is visible through the doorway in the background past where 3p0 gets
his oil bath. Pretty obscure, but there it is.

I suppose, just to sate my own ego, I should point out that I actually do
*know* that the T-16 is visible in the movie, and that Luke plays with the
model.  In fact, I could probably even point out that the model Luke plays with
was originally one of the terrible production models produced by the horrible
first modelmaker (whose name, unfortunately, escapes me at the moment) to be
used in the sequence that was cut from the early drafts of the script, where
Wormie (that's Luke), Cammy, Fixer, and Biggs actually *do* fly down Beggar's
Canyon shooting Womp Rats.  It's supposed to later explain why Luke is so
comfortable flying down the trench.

At any rate, what I meant was that the vehicle is never seen flying around.

eric

Not to beat a dead Bantha, but it was seen flying in the movie.  The recent
theater re-releases had T-16s flying above Mos Eisly (sp?) in addition to
other craft (Dash Rendar's Outrider was briefly seen shooting across the sky
as well.).  Sure it was added in in computer detail, but the T-16 was there.
If you want, I could force myself to go watch them again just to tell you
EXACTLY where, but please don't make me watch it now.  I am so burnt out on
Star Wars, it's all I can do just to build the models LEGO releases once
before throwing them into "the parts bin".
Point is:  T-16s can fly.
Aaron