 Star Wars / 10165
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:12:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

trimming . . .

*Sandcrawler

This would have to be so big, I can't imagine them making a set for it.  I
mean, few people would recognise it!

Big?  I can only hope.  I have a bad feeling this would be seriously
juniorized.  Probably just a tad bigger than the droid transport so you can
hold a couple driods and jawas.  They'll probably use four of the tracks
from the artic sets.  I imagine the jawas will be full minfig size which I
don't really mind I guess.

*AT-AT

I personally think this could be done for a $90-$120 price point.

I think your price point is about right but if the Falcon and ATST are any
indication, this will be a disappointing set.  "Playability"  will reign
supreme so it will be much smaller than we could ever imagine. . . sadness.

I don't mean to be so negative.  I really like most of the sets.  It's just
that they seem to be dropping the ball on some of the most anticipated sets.
I hope they prove me wrong.

*Sandtroopers with Dewback

Uh.  The Dewback would end up being a Kaadu-like guy, but it might be cool.
Definitely good for getting lots of Stormtroopers.

I can definitely see this set.  Probably with one dewback and two
stormtroopers for $10.  Maybe a third figure to stay with past trends.

What I would really appreciate is a stormtroopers minfig pack.  Alas, this
is but a dream since we have yet to see any starwars minifig pack.

*Han and Luke on Tauntauns

Gungan patrol part 2, seems likely.

I think your on point with this one too.  Once again probably in the $10 range

Personally I would love to see some ewok sets, and yoda should pop up
somewhere too at full minfig size . . .er then again he might appear as a
green piece of injection molded plastic like the baby T-rex. . . :)

sun