 Star Wars / 10160
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:48:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
Newsgroups: lugnet.starwars
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 1:28 PM
Subject: What's Left? (Classic)

I was just thinking about the SW sets we've seen so far from the Classic
Trilogy, and I was realising that TLC is almost out of major vehicles! • Forget
speculation about what they *might* do next, what's left to do?

*TIE Interceptor
*TIE Bomber

I doubt they'll release these in the same year, though.

Never know, maybe an twin Imperial pack?

*Sandcrawler

This would have to be so big, I can't imagine them making a set for it.  I
mean, few people would recognise it!

They could just make a playset with the bottom half of it, like Lucas did in
the movie...

*AT-AT

I personally think this could be done for a $90-$120 price point.

It would be nice, but I don't think they will :-(

*Jabba's Barge

Now we're really stretching, but they did do the Skiff, so why not?

I've seen some decent MOCs that look doable in TLC terms, so why not?

*T-16 Skyhopper

Never even on film- seems unlikely

Not true, it was in the background in the garage at Luke's place, plus he
was playing with a model of it...

*Sandtroopers with Dewback

Uh.  The Dewback would end up being a Kaadu-like guy, but it might be • cool.
Definitely good for getting lots of Stormtroopers.

Well, they could make it like the Tauntauns some people have made on the
net... We do need more Stormtroopers!

*Han and Luke on Tauntauns

Gungan patrol part 2, seems likely.

Not neccesarily, see above...

*Cloud Car

Mmmm, or-ange.

Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!

Am I forgetting anything?  This is all I can come up with that is even • remotely
possible.  Keep in mind, though, I'm talking Classic Trilogy and System • sets,
here.  I left out anything that seemed way too big for TLC to bother (Star
Destroyers, Tantive IV, Mon Cal Cruisers, etc)

Playsets from these could be very very cool. Star Destroyer Bridge anyone?
(Mmmm, lots of shiny plates for the floors!)
Mos Eisley scenes would be a good idea, especially the Cantina!
New droids? Aliens? The Yavin IV and Hoth bases? (Or sections of these
anyways?)

Any thoughts?  Agree/disagree?

Lots of stuff for TLC to 'play' with :-)

eric

chris