 Star Wars / 10185
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

I was just thinking about the SW sets we've seen so far from the Classic
Trilogy, and I was realising that TLC is almost out of major vehicles!  Forget
speculation about what they *might* do next, what's left to do?

*TIE Interceptor
*TIE Bomber

I doubt they'll release these in the same year, though.

*Sandcrawler

This would have to be so big, I can't imagine them making a set for it.  I
mean, few people would recognise it!

*AT-AT

I personally think this could be done for a $90-$120 price point.

*Jabba's Barge

Now we're really stretching, but they did do the Skiff, so why not?

*T-16 Skyhopper

Never even on film- seems unlikely

*Sandtroopers with Dewback

Uh.  The Dewback would end up being a Kaadu-like guy, but it might be cool.
Definitely good for getting lots of Stormtroopers.

*Han and Luke on Tauntauns

Gungan patrol part 2, seems likely.

*Cloud Car

Mmmm, or-ange.

Am I forgetting anything?  This is all I can come up with that is even remotely
possible.  Keep in mind, though, I'm talking Classic Trilogy and System sets,
here.  I left out anything that seemed way too big for TLC to bother (Star
Destroyers, Tantive IV, Mon Cal Cruisers, etc)

Any thoughts?  Agree/disagree?

eric

I realise that this is a film based list, but it is certainly possible that
TLC will pursue the Expanded Universe of Star Wars if it continues to be
profitable (it MAY have been there in the film stuff, like that droid
transport thing-where was that?).  If so, then there is TONS to do.  Since
some of the main characters are now out of production from the 1999 series,
it is also possible that they may mint new versions of each vehicle
(re-built) and certainly more playsets or accessory sets including those
characters (a-la Studio).  What I would hope for is the expansion of this
"you build it online and order the model you built from available parts"
setup talked about by TLC for 2002.  If that is possible, I'll spend my time
virtual building what I think they ought to look like, then order them that
way.  THAT would just rock.
Aaron