 Star Wars / 10262
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 02:18:16 GMT

James Simpson wrote:

I think that the overall quality of the line has diminished a bit since its
gang-busters debut.  Things just somehow seem to be a little bit slipshod and
slapdash.  Perhaps Lego's success in '99 made them lazy; "Those SW geeks will
buy anything.  Don't knock yourself out on the quality.  They'll never notice."

I actually wonder if there are different designers working on these SW sets.  As
for my guess on where the designers of the older SW sets went?  Life on Mars,
arguably the best LEGO theme for 2001...

Anyway, while things have indeed become a little bit lacking, the element
selection of the SW sets is an A+, and the '01 sets are no exception (err...,
Watto's junkyard notwithstanding.)

I dunno, the podracer sets tend to have a lot of interesting elements in them, in
various colors.  There'll be plenty of green, for instance...