 Star Wars / 10281
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 01:51:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
Heightwise, replacing a minifig's legs with a 1x2 brick results in
something that could be an Ewok or Jawa (yah, I realize Jawas are actually
smaller than Ewoks).  Using a couple of 1x2 plates in place of the 1x2
brick gives something that could be the basis for Yoda.

All they need are a decent head part (for Yoda) or robes (for Jawas).
Ewoks would still need a "minifig vest" type of additional piece, to
provide the padding.

Maybe TLC could make a new "feet" element, that is 1 plate high.  This
could be used, in combination with minifig torsos and 1x2 bricks or 1x2
plates, to make the shorter characters.

One advantage of the Jawas and Yoda: they were robes, so the bodies can be
somewhat vague in shape.

Steve

As nice as it would be to see Yoda, Jawa, and Ewoks that are smaller than
the rest of the minifigs, Lego,sadly, isn't going to do it. Anybody who has
one of the new Watto minifigs will realize that. They used the same body
piece that they used for Chewie. As a result, Watto is actually as tall as
Chewie (maybe even a smidge taller). I thought it was ridiculous that Anakin
was as tall as the other minifigs, but making Watto as tall as Chewie is
just silly. :)

-Jonathan