 Star Wars / 10183
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
*TIE Interceptor
*TIE Bomber

I doubt they'll release these in the same year, though.

I feel the only way to extend the SW line to 2007 is to make these two sets
available.  No way around it.  They will make them to keep the Tie Pilot
Helmet mold profitable.

Ah...I don't know about that.  The TIE pilot mold is the same as the
Stormtroopers.  I'm sure the'll have plenty of places to put them in.  I
still think we'll get these two TIES, though...it seems obvious what TLC is
doing.  If they have the A-Wing and B-Wing, the'll have the Bomber and
Interceptor.  I don't believe we'll get any playsets even next year; TLC
will continue the trend, except it is Imperials rather than Rebels now.  We
will get some more Imperial things, theres lots to do.  I'm pretty positive
the Stormtrooper will appear in a smaller set, and they may make the AT-AT
the big set of the year.  The year after that, I suppose we'll begin to get
more scattered things, like Jawas, Yoda (makes sense in the same year),
cloud car, that type of thing.  Any year, though, even next, there could be
totally unrelated small $6 like sets...I can see a $10 Yoda swamp with some
supplies that Luke crashed with, artoo, and luke (yoda, of course) among all
of the larger Imperial sets.  I really wish they'd come up with a better
stategy in releasing these sets...first year just as it was, second with the
TIE, either A or B wing...just not trying to get everything Rebel out first.

--Josh