 Star Wars / 10172
Re: What's Left? (Classic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 06:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:

I don't mean to be so negative.  I really like most of the sets.  It's just
that they seem to be dropping the ball on some of the most anticipated sets.
I hope they prove me wrong.

I dunno...most of *my* most anticipated sets came out in the first batch, and
I don't think they dropped the ball there.  I thought the X-wing was very good,
and the Snowspeeder was nothing short of excellent.

I'm in total agreement, I love the first batch stuff.  Those sets are what
brought me out of my "dark ages".  Lego definitely did a great job with
them.  But as I look at some of the more recent sets such as the AT-ST,
driod escape, Falcon etc. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. They're
not awful but IMO they're not as well thought out as the first batch stuff.
I'm still hoping there will be UCS versions of the Falcon and AT-ST so I'll
just be waiting patiently.

Personally I would love to see some ewok sets, and yoda should pop up
somewhere too at full minfig size . . .er then again he might appear as a
green piece of injection molded plastic like the baby T-rex. . . :)

Or Sebulba or the other Podracer guy. (sigh)  Jawas would be great (another
source
of brown hoods and capes), ewoks would be decent (I'd love the tree village),
Yoda's swamp could be an interesting little set.

A tree village would be great.  Bridges, branches, and the brown trunk
pieces from castle.  I love the fact that a lot the Star Wars sets
compliment my castle constructions.  Tree villages = medieval forests. . . .

sun