 Castle / 15375
Re: Please read this!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 05:25:26 GMT

Matt,

Your mis-use of long words is too frequent to catalogue. If you honestly knew
what they meant, why mis-use them?

If you plan to use long words, I suggest you check each and every one with a
dictionary - preferably one that has quotations from other works of literature.

Also, as an exercise, I suggest you read some Hemingway. He manages to get a
lot meaning into a few words. As another exercise, why not try writing one
chapter without the use of adverbs, adjectives, or complex words. Imagine you
are writing for kids....

regards, Mark

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.castle, Kevin Wilson writes:
No, I didn't get bored, to be honest I got really
really irritated with all the big words thrown in
without apparently knowing what they mean. It gets
in the way of the communication.

I can honestly say I knew what they meant, just
improperly used some of them in the dialogue.
(Several of the uses were largely inappropriate
as pointed out earlier. I'm still reviewing for
phrases to edit out.)
My apologies if this served as an interference
to communication. I'm just wordy at times. :)

I just went back and took another look, and I
see you've done a lot of editing. Major improvement!

Thanks, it's good to know that I'm at least
headed in the right direction in the
communications department. Now, what scene
to fix next? (probably the battle scene.)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y