 Castle / 15343
Re: Please read this!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:28:14 GMT

Nathan Todd wrote in message ...
writing (like myself) I would recommend you read the simeraillion because • it
shows a monument under construction (encouraging if you would like to • create
something in the book/world area.)

David Eddings goes into quite a lot of detail as to how he creates worlds
(for his series the Belgariad and the Tamuli) in his book "The Rivan Codex".
Worth a look if that's what you're doing.

Matt, I second a lot of the advice given here. You have plot, you have
characters - you've got the creative part sussed! What you need is the
technique, the craft of writing, and that takes learning and practice. So go
to it! I highly recommend a dictionary for those $5 words: if you don't use
them correctly, you lose both the people who don't understand them AND the
people who do, leaving you with a rather small audience :-(

Kevin
NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-bwh.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1