 Castle / 12915
Re: Legend theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:19:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ben Ellermann writes:
Ok - here is my theory (and only a theory):

Lego will produce all of these sets and voters are only choosing the order
of releasing them.  The company went to the trouble of making this survey
with prices and thinking about which sets could be made with current pieces.
The possibility of any of these sets winning, and therefore being produced,
was approved.  Due to the profits of the Guarded Inn, why wouldn't Lego be
producing all of these sets as we speak?  These sets sold well when they
were released and will again now (especially if they were in stores).  We
expect at least 1 or 2 legends this year and several sets next year.  One
large set (a castle, pirate ship, or downtown) for the holiday season, will
replace last year's Hogwart's Castle.  Maybe a smaller set will be in the
shop at home catalog (battrax).  The other sets would be produced in 2003
and 2004.  Now the waiting begins!

Ben

I have came up with my own theory (probably more a wish).  When I checked up
the sets at Lego.com and I looked at the prices.

6941 Battrax 25$
6074 Black Flacons Fortress 35$
6390 Main Street 60$
375 Yellow Castle 70$
6285 Black Seas Barracuda 100$

I noticed one thing. They are all in separate price ranges from the high end
100$ down to 25$. I don’t think this is a coincidence. 6390, 375 and 6285
all seems like natural legends in the own categories. Most of the castle
heads would probably say  375 if you asked for a legend to be released and
most townies would(my guess) say 6390. The other two sets 6074 and 6941 are
not so sure Legends. Both are very good sets but I think that at least 6741
indicates that Lego wanted sets from the whole price scale and therefore
didn’t choose the MIB as a candidate.

I hope this indicates that the whole voting is just a scam to keep us fans
happy and that we will someday see all this sets at S@H or in retail(not
very likely). Myself I put my vote on the BFF, because I like the BF’s and
desperately want more.

Erik Gustafson