 Castle / 12931
Re: Legend theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:24:22 GMT

Great that we'll be getting some new legends soon, and that LD are actually
consulting us about which one to release as well! Thanks guys!

I just voted for the Black Falcon's Fortress. It was an easy choice for me
(especilly since I recently acquired some used lego that included the pieces
from a Black Seas Barracuda). It's a nice cheap set (so I can buy several),
and has a nice mix of wall and corner wall pieces, black roof pieces and of
course grey brick. And of course those Black Falcon minfigs too. Nice
details like a tudor wall piece and the Black Falcon's flag don't exactly
hurt. If the yellow castle had been offered in grey or tan, I'd probably
have gone for that one, but it wasn't and I didn't.

I think LD will probably release more than one of these 5 sets, although
perhaps not all of them, and certainly not at athe same time. Perhaps that
depends on how many people show interest in them through the poll? My
ultimate hope for the legends line, no matter which sets the end up
releasing, is that lots of kids go out and buy them, indictaing that there
are still kids who know a good set when they see one. I can just see it,
hordes of young kids throwing away their bionicles and jack stone stuff and
putting legends stuff on birthday and Xmas lists, ahhhh...

Ultimately, it would be great to see the rerelease of some of the 6 minifig
packs too, I think those might sell very well indeed.

Magnus