 Castle / 12871
Re: Legend voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:39:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Good analysis. You're prolly right. 375 would have too many compromised in
it and doesn't have the curb appeal. We'll see.

But as I said on our list, I almost don't care which one wins. I'll be
getting multiple copies of the winner in any case. Choosing one of these is
a nice problem to have.

I wonder how much they will charge, should the 375 win.  All those solid
bricks, plus 14 minifigs, it could get a little pricey.  Maybe double the
price of the New Blacksmith's Shop.

The compromises you spoke of, presumably, would be one or more of the following:

Printed bricks instead of stickers (maybe not such a bad thing?);

Modern red 1x1 bricks with a perp. stud, unlike the hollow back original red
window pieces;

Hollow stud heads on minifigs;

New-type light grey swords like the ones on the Gryffndor statues from
Hogwart's castle;

And finally, on the cavalry guys, presumably new style visors and helmets.
Possibly Euro-armor, but not certain.  It would be kind of cool to get a the
pointed castle visor in two new colors--red and white.

I have always wanted another Yellow castle, and I think I could probably
live with those changes, depending on how much they decided to sell it for.

On the other hand, the BFF would practically be identical to the original.
I have over 150 Falcon guys, but there is always room for more!

Aaron D.