 Castle / 12875
Re: Legend voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:00:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:
In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Good analysis. You're prolly right. 375 would have too many compromised in
it and doesn't have the curb appeal. We'll see.

But as I said on our list, I almost don't care which one wins. I'll be
getting multiple copies of the winner in any case. Choosing one of these is
a nice problem to have.

I wonder how much they will charge, should the 375 win.  All those solid
bricks, plus 14 minifigs, it could get a little pricey.  Maybe double the
price of the New Blacksmith's Shop.

The compromises you spoke of, presumably, would be one or more of the following:

Printed bricks instead of stickers (maybe not such a bad thing?);

Actually haven't other Legends sets used stickers in some places instead of
printing? I forget.

Modern red 1x1 bricks with a perp. stud, unlike the hollow back original red
window pieces;

Probably... in fact almost certainly. But if they DID bring that 1x1 window
back... look out!

Hollow stud heads on minifigs;

Almost certainly.

New-type light grey swords like the ones on the Gryffndor statues from
Hogwart's castle;

Almost certainly.

And finally, on the cavalry guys, presumably new style visors and helmets.
Possibly Euro-armor, but not certain.  It would be kind of cool to get a the
pointed castle visor in two new colors--red and white.

I doubt they'd do any new molds, and those helmet/visor/feather molds are
presumably long gone, so whatever helm and visor was used would have to be
the best fit available from what's currently available.

Good analysis! Thanks for elaborating what I elided!